Saturday, July 29, 2006

Kyle's Here!


Kyle David Underwood
July 21, 2006, 5:52am
8lbs 10.8oz, 21in.

We're officially a family of four. Our little Kyle was born after being 11 days overdue. When labor finally came, it was fast and intense - 6hrs 7min, compared to 24.5hrs with Blake. And I would endure the pain again in a heartbeat to receive the gift we've been given. Thank you for all of your prayers. Kyle is perfect and healthy. Ten fingers, ten toes. :)

I can't begin to explain how happy we are. My friend, Jen, coined the perfect phrase for what we're feeling: "Overwhelmed with preciousness." Today, as I was rocking my little one to sleep, he smiled at his mama, dimples showing, and I just couldn't stop the tears of joy from flooding my eyes. Thank you, Lord, for these moments to cherish.


"Behold, children are a gift from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward."
Psalm 127:3 NASB

10 comments:

whaaaat! said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful blessing. Kyle is an awesome name.

LAMommyof3 said...

He's so precious!! My sister had her baby girl on the 20th. I'm now an aunt! I'm so happy for you. Babies are such a blessing!! Thanks for sharing with us! :O)

Christabelle said...

I am so glad things went well for you! Babies truly are an amazing gift from God. I pray He continues to watch over you and your family and grows little Kyle to be a great man after His own heart. You did an amazing job. Congratulations!

Kim said...

Thank you for the compliments!

whaaaat! ~ Your son's name is Kyle, right? :)

lamommyof3 ~ Contratulations on your new niece! I'll have to check your site for pics.

Christabelle ~ Thank you for your prayers and blessings! Love ya!

Randi said...

Congratulations! You all look so happy! I hope you days are filled with lots of baby snuggling and some rest for you!

Nicki said...

Congratulations to you and your whole family! What a precious little boy. Enjoy him! :)

MarylandMommy said...

Congrats! What a little doll!

Kim said...

randi, nicki & marylandmommy ~ Thanks girls! :)

BayouMaMa said...

Oh...he's an official cutie-pie! Bet he gets lots of kisses!

Take care and take it easy.

{{Hugs!}}

Dr. Kristi B. Godwin said...

Belated congratulations!!

:) By the way, I tried to add your blog as a link on mine but I am not sure it worked. I will try to get it on there later if it didn't (diaper duty calls for now!) :).
Kristi