I was at my sister's house, holding a six week old baby when the pain came. I heard a loud thump and clatter and then boy did it hurt! Blake had dropped a toy ship shape sorter onto my foot. He didn't realize what occurred and went toddling about the house playing, oblivious to my traumatized toe. Looking down, I prayed that it was just a little squished, but alas, there was blood. A lot of it. (Thankfully, Blake is short. If a taller child had dropped the heavy toy on my foot, there would have been a severed toe.)
Marcie didn't want to touch it. I didn't want to touch it. So, I did what any wife with certified EMT husband would do - I sat down on the kitchen floor and waited for him to arrive. Fortunately he was working in the area. Poor guy, he thought I was dying or something. I don't really ask him to rescue me unless there is an emergency, like the time I passed out in a store. I thought the toe would need stitches, but he said it was a difficult area to stitch, so he just cleaned me up and bandaged me tightly. Today I had the courage to change my bandage and the tip of my toe was almost sliced off and is pretty dead looking. Just in time for sandal season!
I'm such a wimp when it comes to pain. I really am glad that Blake didn't realize what was happening, and of course I forgive him. The whole situation made me think about how much pain I've caused my Father. My little toe is nothing compared to what Jesus went through when He bore my sin. He was beaten, bloodied, and nailed a cross. It was all my fault, and yet He forgave me right there on that tree and loves me unconditionally. What an awesome, amazing God we serve! Thank you Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










7 comments:
Ouch! Sorry about your toe! Especially w/sandal season being here! Shall we have a moment of silence? :) Hey, can I link you from my blog?
LOLOL... A moment of silence? That cracks me up. Of course you can link me! I already linked you without asking. Oops! :)
Wow- that stinks! My daughter was walking towards me and smushed the toe next to my little one and (I think) broke it. But there was nothing I could do except tape it and limp around.
May God heal your poor little toe quickly and completely.
Kim,
I hope you are okay!! It is supposed to rain for a week, maybe it will heal and you can wear sandals when it is sunny.
Take care
Thanks Sarah & Nancy. :)
Oh, Kim ... ow, and wow! I'm so sorry about your toe, but I love the point you made at the end. And I think it's just very, very cute that you made Mike come and tend to you. :)
Hope you recover quickly.
Wow! That is so romantic that your husband bandages your boo boos.
Sorry to hear about the toe, it must have hurt alot.
Post a Comment