Friday, February 19, 2010

O-o-h Child, Things are Gonna Get Easier...

A little while ago I plopped down on my bed to have some quiet time, a bit discouraged and overwhelmed with all of the complex life stuff going on right now. When I opened my Bible this is the first verse I read:

"You were tired out by the length of your road,
yet you did not say, 'It is hopeless.'
You found renewed strength,
therefore you did not faint."
-Isaiah 57:10

That encouraged me so much, I just had to share.

I love how God speaks to us and reminds us of times past when we were in a situation and He saw us through. Just when we feel like things are hopeless, He gives us hope! He is so amazing, and I can't imagine life without His love and comfort.

Last March I was pacing my bedroom, trying not to worry about a new financial mess we were in and I was just in a funk. I was praying my heart out and on impulse I turned the radio on while I was still talking to the Lord. The first lyrics to drift out of the speakers were, "O-o-h, child, things are gonna get easier... o-o-h things'll get brighter..."* It made me cry. Our God sees us and He cares. He is SO good!

* Song originally by The Five Stairsteps, 1970.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Your post is such a blessing Kim! Our God's heart is SO BEAUTIFUL! I'm glad you're posting again.

Laurie said...

Kim, you should put this post on our Joyful Life blog.

Kim said...

Thank you, Laurie! :)
Yes, His heart is very beautiful, beyond our imagination! ♥

Kim said...

Laurie, I just put the post on Joyful Life. :)

Chelsey said...

I love how God sends us little reminders... Thanks for the reminder of God's love.

That picture is amazing.